Max Spin Competition
How many rotations can you complete?
The Max Spin Contest will go off again at the SPI Kite Round-Up Competition.
The rules of the competition are easy.
Jump at the take off point and complete as many spins as possible and then land it.
The jump does not count unless you land on your board and ride away.
Complete the most spin rotation while jumping in contest area, and ride away
- 10 person MAX / heat
- Heats last 15 - 20+ minutes, at race officials discretion based on # of attempts accomplished by riders, etc
- Riders must perform spins within course boundaries
- Riders must exit course and pass nearby officials boat to confirm identity after each (successful) attempt
- Rider can make as many passes through course as possible during heat
- White Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - one minute to start of heat
- Green Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - heat is on
- Red Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - between heats / heat is ending, riders may make a final pass if en route to course, but not head back out for any more
(When Red Flag is flying, Riders of the next heat should be entering the water, getting in position)
OFFICIALS / ANNOUNCER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registration begins at days 1st Riders Meeting (10:30am) Riders will be placed in Heats based on order of registration and class
- Start time will be determined based on wind, etc.
- Stage Announcer: on stage
- Relays information regarding Riders meeting times (hourly, starting at 10, until first possibly start, based on wind, etc)
- Relays info regarding heats on the water (competitor results, as called in by race officials) and heats on deck
- Race Official(s):
- 2 man team in officials boat located at exit of course
- Confirms Rider Identity and score, relays info to Stage Announcer.
- Starts and ends Heats (posts flags and sounds horn)
- Records results
7300 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, Texas 78597
| 956-299-9463 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved © SPI Kite Round-Up |
Graphic and Web Design by Sheetz Design